fau "away, out, up, off" + kraih "to cast, throw, hurl; to set"
- (of persons to things) to discard, dispose, throw away or out, get rid of a thing, object, item
- (of persons to food, with pai) to throw up, vomit food
- (of nation-states or governors to citizens) to banish a person from a country, send a person into exile
- (of parents to children) to release a child from one's home, send away
- (of parents to children) to renounce one's child, deny one's child, give up all association with one's child
- (of spouses) to divorce, formally proclaim a marriage no longer binding (with one's spouse)
- (of society) to reject, ostracize, cast out